This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
This poke cake is for all you coconut lovers out there. Triple Coconut Poke Cake is a coconut cake, drenched in coconut cream pudding and topped with a coconut whipped cream.
I just can’t stop with the coconut! It is around every corner. This poke cake is for all you coconut lovers out there. Triple Coconut Poke Cake is a coconut cake, drenched in coconut cream pudding and topped with a coconut whipped cream.
The coconut cake is a simple vanilla cake mix, with a touch of coconut extract.
Since I believe most cakes look naked with a topping, I chose to sprinkle this cake with toasted coconut. I first fell in love with this coconut whipped cream when I made my Coconut Lemon Poke Cake, and I knew I had to make an all coconut version.
Some people dislike Cool Whip. Personally, I don’t have a problem with it. While this cake has a homemade coconut whipped cream, it can certainly be substituted for Cool Whip. However, you really shouldn’t be afraid of homemade whipped cream! It is quite easy and quick to throw together! Plus, you can make so many different flavors!
I have mentioned before that I have a love/hate relationship with Walmart. I love it because they have a giant food section with things I can’t find anywhere else- like coconut cream pudding. If you can’t find coconut cream pudding, you can easily substitute this for vanilla pudding. Or try adding 1 tsp of coconut extract to the vanilla pudding. The pudding is what makes this poke cake so amazing!Print
Triple Coconut Poke Cake
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 15 pieces
For coconut lovers only! A white coconut cake with coconut pudding. Topped with Coconut whipped cream and toasted coconut.
- 1 Box (15oz) White cake mix
- 4 Large egg whites
- 1/3 cup Oil
- 1 cup Milk
- 3 tsp Coconut extract
- 3/4 C Coconut
For the topping
- 2 pkg Instant Coconut pudding (3.4oz)
- 4 cups Milk
- 2 C Heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 C Powdered sugar
- 3 tsp Coconut extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine white cake mix, egg whites, oil, milk, coconut extract and shredded coconut. Mix until all ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
- Bake cake in 9×13” for 20-22 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the middle of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, you cake is done. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- While the oven is still on, toast the coconut. Spread out on a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper or baking mat. Bake until coconut starts to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Once the cake has cooled, take the end of a wooden spoon or another round object and poke holes all over the top of your cake.
- Prepare the pudding layer by mixing instant coconut pudding with cold milk. Before the pudding sets, pour it over the top of the cake slowly and put the cake in the fridge to let the pudding set, about 15 minutes. The longer it sets the better.
- Prepare the whipped cream. Put the bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to get them really cold. In cold mixing bowl, pour in heavy whipping cream and beat on high speed until it reached soft peaks. Add powdered sugar and coconut extract. Beat again at a high speed until stiff peak form.
- Spread whipped cream over the top of cake. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Storing this cake: This cake must be refrigerated.
- Category: Cake
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: poke cake recipe, coconut cake