This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
Made with chicken breasts, fresh green beans, and lots of lemon, this Lemon Chicken Stir Fry is an easy and healthy 30-minute meal for busy weeknights. A healthy but filling meal bursting with citrus flavor.
Easy Lemon Chicken and Green Beans Stir Fry
A good stir fry is my go-to for busy weeknights when I need something healthy but easy. Take this Lemon Chicken Stir Fry, for example. Protein and veggies come together in one pan with a burst of citrus flavor for a dinner that’s ready in 30 minutes.
I love making this lemon chicken and green beans stir fry in the summer, with green beans fresh (from the garden if that’s your thing!). Plus the bright citrus flavor is perfect for summer too and, really, who wants a heavy meal in the summer? Not me. This easy chicken stir fry is the perfect solution.
There are just a handful of ingredients needed to make this healthy chicken stir fry recipe!
- Chicken – I use boneless, skinless chicken breast but chicken thighs will work as well.
- Cornstarch – Helps create the crispy, golden outside to the chicken.
- Green beans – I used fresh green beans. Washed, trimmed, and chopped.
- Seasonings – The flavor in this recipe comes from chopped onion, salt, pepper, garlic, and, of course, lemon.
Here are a few things you can add to the recipe if desired!
- Snow peas
- Water chestnuts
- Lemon pepper
- Additional lemon zest or lemon juice
How to Make Lemon Chicken Stir Fry
Lemon chicken and green bean stir fry comes together in a few easy steps!
Step 1: Prepare the Chicken. Dice the chicken into cubes and toss with cornstarch.
Step 2: Chop the Vegetables. Wash the green beans, trim the edges, and chop into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Chop the onion into pieces the size of your thumb.
Step 3: Cook the chicken. Saute the chicken in olive oil, with salt and pepper. Add the garlic and lemon zest. Stir and cook for a couple of minutes.
Step 4: Add the remaining ingredients. Add the diced onions, green beans, and lemon juice. Cook until the juice has cooked into the chicken and the green beans are fork-tender.
Step 5: Serve. Serve over rice and garnish with chopped parsley.
Tips for Success
Here are a few tips for the best chicken stir fry.
- Brown the chicken first. We prefer a crispier chicken, so I will brown the chicken a little longer before adding the green beans and onions so as not to overcook the green beans.
- Add more lemon flavor. For a strong lemon flavor, you can add additional lemon zest or squeeze more fresh lemon juice over the finished dish.
- Stir frequently. Once all ingredients are added, be sure to keep a close eye on the pan and stir frequently to prevent anything from burning or sticking to the bottom.
We love this lemon chicken stir fry served over white rice, with a bit of soy sauce drizzled on top. I’ll sometimes add some extra lemon juice too. Brown rice, cauliflower rice, or quinoa would also work for lower carb options.
Either way, this lemon chicken and green bean stir fry makes a quick and easy dinner ready in under 30 minutes.
How to Store Leftovers
Leftover chicken stir fry can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop until heated through.
More Easy Dinner Recipes:Print
Made with chicken breasts, fresh green beans, and lots of lemon, this Lemon Chicken Stir Fry is an easy and healthy 30 minute meal for busy weeknights. A healthy but filling meal bursting with citrus flavor.
- 1 ½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ¼ cup corn starch
- 2 cups (about 12oz) green beans, washed, trimmed and chopped
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 3–4 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2–3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large lemon, zest and juiced.
- Finely chopped parsley or green onion (optional garnish)
- Cooked rice for serving.
- Trim and dice the chicken into ¾-1” cubes. Toss in the corn starch until well coated.
- Wash the green beans, trim the edges and chop into smaller pieces, about 1 ½ inches in length. Then chop the onion into pieces about the side of your thumb.
- In a large wok, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Once warmed add the chicken, salt and pepper. Sautee until the outside starts to brown, stirring occasionally.
- Next add the garlic and zest of the lemon and toss in the chicken. Cook for a couple minutes, stirring occasionally.
- As the chicken continues to brown, add the diced onion and the green beans and juice from the lemon. Cook for another 5 minutes or so until the lemon juice has cooked into the chicken and the green beans are fork-tender, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
- Serve immediately over white rice and garnish with fresh chopped parsley or green onions.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken and green beans stir fry, easy chicken stir fry, healthy chicken stir fry recipe