This Lemon Raspberry Poke Cake is an easy lemon cake soaked in sweetened condensed milk, with a fresh raspberry sauce and topped with whipped cream.
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 1 box (3.4 oz) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 cup buttermilk (or milk)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
- For the raspberry sauce
- 3– 6 ounces containers fresh raspberries
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour or corn starch
- For the topping
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine cake mix, dry pudding mix, buttermilk, vegetable oil, eggs & egg white and lemon zest. Beat on medium – high speed until all ingredients are well blended. Use a spatula to mix the batter from the bottom of the bowl to the top.
- Pour the batter into a 9-inch by 13-inch pan and bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes until cake is set. Test cake by inserting a toothpick into the center. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is done. Allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- While the cake is still warm, take the end of a wooden spoon or another round object and poke holes all over the top of your cake. Pour the jar of sweetened condensed milk over top of the holes as equally as you can. Allow the cake to cool completely, refrigerating if necessary.
- For the raspberry sauce: Combine the raspberries, sugar and flour in a medium-sized pot. Gently crush the raspberries and add the lemon juice. Cook over medium heat while stirring until it starts to bubble slightly.
- Once the sauce is bubbling and thick, remove from the stove and allow the raspberry sauce to cool until it is no longer steam. Pour the raspberry sauce over top of the cake, spreading evenly. Refrigerate the cake until it is completely cooled.
- For the topping: Put your mixing bowl and wire whisk in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes until it is completely cold. Beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed for several minutes until it starts to thicken. Add the powdered sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Spread over the cake only once the cake is completely cooled.
- Zest a lemon over top of the whipped cream