This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
These Mint Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes are an over-the-top filled cupcake perfect for a party! You’ll love the cream cheese filling inside.
Mint Oreo Cheesecake Cupcake starts with a Mint Oreo in the base of the cupcake, followed by some cupcake batter and topped with a heaping spoonful of mint chocolate cheesecake. I finished it off with an Oreo frosting.
The cheesecake is made with both a hint of mint extract and also some mint chocolate chips! It is to die for. I picked up a bag of Mint chocolate chips at Walmart, but I have also seen them at my local grocery store. Sometimes they are green and sometimes they aren’t.
These delicious cupcakes are the perfect dessert for your next party. Not only do they have a cheesecake filling inside, they have a creamy, dreamy cookies-and-creme frosting and they’re topped with mint Oreos!
I had a box of Mint Oreos in my pantry, and a craving for cheesecake. Since I was already making so many chocolate cupcakes, it just seemed only natural to make a mint cheesecake cupcake. This recipe is a twist on my boyfriend’s favorite cupcake. Do you all remember when I let him take over the baking one day? He made his mother’s Chocolate Cream Cheese Cupcake. You should check it out, he has some “rules for baking” that I find to be pretty comical.
In order to make this recipe, you will need at least a package and a half of the Mint Oreos to use between the cupcake, the frosting and an extra Oreo for good measure of time. Triple mint? Yep. Triple Oreo? Yep. This recipe is a triple win. Okay, that was a bad joke but whatever!Print
A chocolate cheesecake cupcake with a Mint Oreo on the bottom, a cheesecake filling and a Mint Oreo frosting.
- 1 box (15oz) Chocolate Cupcake mix
- Ingredients listed on the box (egg, oil, water)
For the cream cheese filling
- 1 pk (8oz) Cream cheese (softened)
- 1 Large Eggs
- 1/3 C Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Mint extract
- 1/2 C Mint chocolate chips
For the frosting
- 3 Sticks Unsalted butter (softened)
- 4 C Powdered sugar
- 1 ½ tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Heavy whipped cream
- 2 C Mint Oreo crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line cupcake pan cupcake liners. Drop a full Oreo in the bottom of each liner.
- Mix cake mix with required ingredients listed on the back of the box. Spoon cupcake batter into liners. Fill your lined cupcake pan 2/3 full.
- To soften cream cheese, microwave for 20 seconds, flip it over and microwave another 20 seconds.
- Mix together softened cream cheese, sugar, egg and mint extract and beat until smooth. Fold in chocolate chips.
- To add the cream cheese mixture to the cupcakes, use a spoon to drop into each liner. The original recipe calls for 1 tsp of the cream cheese mix per cupcake. You will have some leftover.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes. Use a toothpick to check the doneness of your cupcake. Insert the toothpick and if it comes out clean, your cupcakes are done. Allow cupcakes to cool for a couple minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
For the frosting
- Use a food processor to grind Oreos into crumbs. Set aside.
- Allow butter to soften for about 30 minutes.
- Beat butter on medium-high speed until soft and smooth.
- Add powdered sugar one cup at a time and beat on medium-low speed, frosting will become thick. Add mint extract and heavy cream and increase speed to medium-high. Whip for a couple minutes until fluffy.
- Reduce speed and add Oreo crumbs, mix until incorporated.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: filled cupcakes, stuffed cupcakes, cream cheese filled cupcakes