This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
If you’re looking for an easy Easter dessert, I’ve got you covered! These No-Bake Cheesecake mousse cups are a fun, creative and colorful make ahead Easter dessert recipe and, perfect for kids!
When it’s time to plan any holiday meal, I always think about what I’m going to serve for dessert. I love a good no-bake dessert that can be made ahead of time, so I don’t have to stress about it later.
These simple cheesecake mousse cups are layered with golden Oreos and a cheesecake mousse. It reminds me of the Oreo dirt my grandmother used to serve. The Oreos soften to a cake-like texture.
I’ve used a combination and pudding, whipped cream and cream cheese for this cheesecake mousse. The cream cheese makes it a little bit thicker, but it’s still a light and fluffy mousse.
Easy Easter Desserts
Easter desserts are so fun because there’s lots of cute, creative and colorful things you can do. Plus, I’m a sucker for Cadbury mini eggs, so there’s that.
These No-Bake Easter Cheesecake Mousse Parfaits fit all the criteria.
- Quick and easy to assemble
- Colorful, fun and can easily be customized with your favorite candy
- Make ahead of time so you don’t have to worry about it
Individual desserts are also a great to serve to kids and makes them feel special they each have their own and they don’t have to share.
Tools you’ll need
- Jars or glasses. Depending on the number of servings, you can make these as a single or multiple layer. As is, this will make 6 servings using glasses that are 8 ounces in size. Determine how many servings you’ll need before you start assembling.
- One large Ziploc bag and a rolling pin or ice cream scoop to crush the cookies
- One measuring cup and 2 mixing bowls, a whisk and spatula
- A mixer (hand or stand will work)
- Green food gels (or color of your choice)
- Optional: One large piping bag or second large Ziploc bag
How to make these No-Bake Cheesecakes
With just a few simple ingredients, you can put these together in no time.
- Prepare the pudding by dying your milk with some colored gels and whisk until blended. Combine with the instant pudding mix and refrigerate for about 10 minutes until set. I used Americolor Leaf green. The color will get a lot lighter once it’s combined with all the other ingredients.
- Prepare a batch of whipped cream or grab a container of Cool Whip
- Combine the whipped cream with the softened cream cheese.
- Add the pudding into the whipped cream and stir until well combined
- Pick your favorite Oreos and crush them in a Ziploc bag using a rolling pin or ice cream scoop/
- Assemble the jars by layering the crushed Oreos with the cheesecake mousse
- Top with your favorite Easter candy when ready to serve and not before. It’s best to add this fresh.
If you’re making them ahead of time, you can assemble the layers in your jars and then cover them with a lid or tightly with saran wrap and keep refrigerated. Add the candy right before serving.
For candy, I crushed up some Cadbury mini eggs, sprinkles and some chocolate Ghirardelli bunnies (filled with caramel). Grab your favorite Easter candy or something special for each kid.
You can also make this in a 9-inch square pan by layering the cookies on the bottom of the pan and then pour the mousse over top.
This really is such a simple dessert that you can even get the kids involved with. Let them make their own or let them do the decorating themselves.
More Easter Dessert Ideas:
- Easter Sugar Cookies
- Easter Bunny Truffles
- Chocolate Cadbury Ice Cream
- Peeps Rice Krispie Treat S’mores
- Cadbury Stuffed Brookies
Follow Beyond Frosting:
If you love no-bake recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, No-Bake Treats!Print
These easy No-Bake Cheesecake mousse cups are a fun, creative and colorful make ahead Easter dessert recipe and, perfect for kids!
- 1 package (3.4ounces) instant cheesecake or vanilla pudding
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 24 Golden Oreos
- Easter candy of choice
- Dye the milk green (or your color of choice) but adding a couple drops of food coloring into the milk and whisking until well blended. Combine with the instant pudding in a large mixing bowl and whisk until the pudding is dissolved. Refrigerate for 10 minutes until set.
- Prepare a batch of whipped cream.Place the mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes to chill. Pour the heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl and use an electric mixer to beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until soft peaks start to form. Slowly add the powdered sugar and continue beating on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Remove the wrapper from the cream cheese and soften in the microwave for 20 seconds. Beat the softened cream cheese into the whipped cream.
- Combine the whipped cream and the pudding and fold until well combined. Pour the mousse into a large piping bag or Ziploc bag.
- Crush the Oreos in a large Ziploc bag, smashing with a rolling pin or ice cream scoop.
- To assemble the jars, alternate adding the crushed Oreos with the cheesecake mousse. Cover and store in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- Top with your favorite Easter candy prior to serving.
- If you don’t want to make whipped cream, you can use an 8-ounce container of Cool Whip
- This recipe makes six 8-ounce servings
- You can also make this in a 9-inch square pan by layering the cookies on the bottom of the pan and then pour the mousse over top. This recipe uses about 2/3 package of Oreos, so use additional cookies as needed.
- Keep these stores in the refrigerator either with a lid or tightly wrapped in saran wrap
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American