You know when Target puts Easter candy out on February 15th? I can’t even get mad at that because I am totally crazy about Cadbury Eggs. I don’t discriminate either. Whether it be Cadbury Chocolate Mini Eggs or Crème Eggs, I have to have them. I try to only buy the “single serving” bag of the Mini Eggs out of fear for eating an ENTIRE bag.
I know I have been a little obsessed with brookies lately and truth be told, I have more that I haven’t even shown you. Once I find a new dessert, I sort of obsess over it for while, make a few versions of it and then move on. Have you seen my Thin Mint Brookies or my Marshmallow Oreo Brookies?
The brookie I have today is…wait for it…. Cadbury Stuffed Brookies. First, the layer of brownies on the bottom is packed with mini Cadbury Crème Eggs. Second, the chocolate chip cookie has a whole bag of smashed Cadbury Chocolate Mini Eggs. I can’t decide which layer I like better.
For the brownie layer, I chose to use the MINI version of the Cadbury Crème Eggs, you know the ones that are the size of a Peanut M&M? That way, I can easily pack the cookie dough layer over the top. When baked, the eggs melt slightly but still hold their shape. I love it! For the cookie dough layer, I smashed a bag of Chocolate Mini Eggs and mixed them right into the cookie dough batter. The ones I used were the white chocolate version, but I think I prefer the milk chocolate version myself. The food processor didn’t work for me, so I actually used a rolling pin to smash them.
Follow Beyond Frosting:
A layer of brownies packed with Cadbury Creme Eggs. Topped with a chocolate chip cookie layer mixed with Cadbury Chocolate Mini Eggs.
- 1 bag Cadbury Chocolate Mini Eggs
- 24 Cadbury Mini Creme Eggs
- 1 box Brownie mix
- 1 Large egg
- 1/3 C Vegetable oil
- 1/4 C Milk
For the cookie
- 1/2 C (1 stick) Unsalted butter
- 1/2 C Light brown sugar
- 1/2 C Sugar
- 1 Large egg
- 2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 C All-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 C Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Empty a full bag of Cadbury Chocolate Mini Eggs into a Ziploc bag. Crush eggs into smaller pieces using a rolling pin. Set aside.
- Unwrap all the Cadbury Mini Creme Eggs and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine brownie mix, egg, vegetable oil and milk. Beat until thoroughly mixed.
- Line a 9″x13” pan with parchment paper or a baking mat. Pour brownie mixture over the baking mat and spread evenly.
- Line up the Cadbury Mini Creme Eggs in a row up and down pan. Press gently into brownie mix.
For the cookie
- Soften butter in the microwave 10-15 seconds. Combine butter with both light brown sugar and granulated sugar. Mix until smooth and mixture becomes fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and beat until egg is thoroughly incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda. Slowly add flour mixture to batter while mixing at a low speed. Once all the flour has been added, increase speed to medium until dough forms.
- Add chocolate chips and crushed Cadbury Chocolate Mini Eggs last and fold into cookie dough until thoroughly mixed.
- Take cookie dough and drop chunks onto the top of the brownie mixture, gently pressing them down into brownie batter.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes at 350°F. Remove from oven and allow to cool before cutting. Since I used a baking mat, I was able to completely remove the sheet of brookies from the pan before cutting.
Allow to cool completely before cutting.
Recipes from my friends:
Malt Ball Cookie Dough Bars from Shugary Sweets
Cadbury Brownie Bites from Deliciously Sprinkled
Carrot Cake Fudge from Wine and Glue