This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
Easter Bunny Bait snack mix is a fun and easy no-bake treat. Customize this mix with your favorite add ins. It’s covered in white chocolate and sprinkles for a sweet and salty snack.
Easy Easter Dessert
As a new mom, I can’t help but think of all the fun Easter traditions we will do as my little guy gets older. I’ll never claim myself to be a crafty person but put me in the kitchen and I will for sure whip up a memorable dessert or snack.
Bunny Bait is particularly easy to make, so even if you don’t consider yourself to be a good baker, you don’t have to worry. This recipe doesn’t require any baking!
This Easter snack mix is the perfect holiday activity to do with the kids and it’s easy enough that the mess should be minimal. Perhaps the best part of all is that this to totally customizable to your own family’s taste. This could be an easy snack to make gluten free as well.
This can be served in a big bowl or packaged up with a ribbon and a cute tag (click here to download this tag) and gifted to neighbors or friends. This mix can also be customized for just about any holiday and it’s great for birthday parties or movie nights too!
Ingredients for Bunny Bait
- Rice Chex
- Annie’s Graham Cracker Bunnies
- Mini marshmallows
- White Chocolate- I recommend using a high-quality chocolate like Ghirardelli chocolate melts. You can find them in the baking aisle near the chocolate chips.
Other optional add ins:
- Malted Chocolate Easter Eggs
3 Simple Steps for homemade snack mix
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix together
- Melt the white chocolate and pour it over the mixture and stir to combine
- Place on a baking sheet to set. Then package or serve
The best way to melt white chocolate
Melting chocolate in the microwave can be tricky. If the chocolate gets too hot it can burn and seize up into a ball. In order to avoid this, melt the chocolate ay 50% power for 30 seconds at a time, and stir each time. This helps distribute the heat and melts the chocolate slowly.
How to keep your snack mix fresh
Once the white chocolate has completely set, you can store this in an airtight container or Ziploc bag at room temperature. It does not need to be refrigerated. Generally speaking, it’s good for 5 days, but I am sure it won’t be around for that long!Print
Easter Bunny Bait snack mix is a fun and easy no-bake treat. This sweet and salty snack mix is easy to customize. You’ll love this easy Easter dessert.
- 3 cups Rice Chex (any variety will work)
- 2 cups mini pretzels twists
- 2 cups (1 box, 7.5oz) Annie’s Graham Cracker Bunnies
- 1 bag (10oz) M&Ms (pastel colored)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 16 ounces (1 1/2 10oz bags) Ghirardelli White Chocolate candy melts
- ¼ cup Sprinkles (optional)
Combine the ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients except the white chocolate and sprinkles. Mix to combine.
Melt the chocolate: In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate wafers at 50% power in 30 second intervals; stir after each interval and continue until chocolate is melted. Reduce microwave time as needed so the chocolate does not burn.
Combined chocolate and cereal mix: Pour the melted chocolate over the cereal mixture, add half the sprinkles and stir until well coated.
Dry the mixture: Spread the mixture on a large cooking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat, add the other half of the sprinkles and allow the chocolate to set completely, then transfer to an airtight container.
- Other optional add ins: Popcorn, Cheerios, Nuts, Malted Chocolate Easter Eggs
- Melting wafers are best! They melt down the smoothest and set very quickly. It’s similar to almond bark. If you need to use chocolate chips, you can do so. Melt them the same way, and allow more time for the mixture to set/dry.
- Download the Bunny Bait tag
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Bunny Bait, Easter Snack mix, Chex mix, Easter dessert, easy easter dessert, easter desserts for kids