This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
This Oreo Chocolate Cheesecake Cake is a chocolately bundt cake recipe with an Oreo cheesecake filling. This homemade chocolate cake is then topped with a cream cheese glaze and more Oreos!
I Love Making Cake Recipes With Oreos
When it comes to cake, I consider myself to be have some pretty high standards. This cake just couldn’t wait to be center stage. I made it on a whim but its one that I know is going to be a stand-out this year (and that’s saying a lot considering it’s early January!).
This Oreo Chocolate Cheesecake Cake is an easy chocolate bundt cake with an Oreo cheesecake filling and it’s topped with a cream cheese glaze and more Oreos.
Eer-em-gee you guys, this cake is SO good! I am still sneaking bites of it tonight, but as quickly as I made this cake, I had to get rid of it, well most of it. I dropped it off at my friend’s house, she has 3 boys, and I know they took care of the leftovers.
This Chocolate Cake Is Made With Boxed Cake Mix
The reason this cake is so easy to do it because it starts with a cake mix. People tend to either love or hate cake mix, but I find that it’s a great place to start if you aren’t comfortable baking from scratch.
You can also alter the ingredients in the cake mix to make it that much BETTER.
- For this cake, I added some extra cocoa powder
- I also added sour cream and vanilla extract. The sour cream, of course, helps keep this cake moist.
Trust me when I say that this cake is to-die-for. If you have more questions about baking with a cake mix, I have a great tutorial that I shared comparing the top 3 brands.
How To Make The Best Chocolate Bundt Cake
- First prepare the chocolate cake mix using the additional ingredients: cocoa powder, sour cream and vanilla extract. You can also use milk instead of water
- Then prepare the cheesecake filling: First beat the cream cheese to ensure it’s smooth and then add the sugar and continue beating until well combined.
- Next add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until the mixture is completely smooth. Fold in the crushed Oreos.
- Generously grease and flour the pan. More detailed instructions are included below
- To assemble the cake: Pour half of the cake batter into the prepared pan. Then spoon in the filling and swirl with a knife. Pour the remaining batter on top.
- Bake and cool the cake. Then add the topping prior to serving.
- To make the icing on the cake, start with softened cream cheese and combined tt with powdered sugar and vanilla extract and beat until the ingredients are well combined.
- Slowly add the heavy cream, one teaspoon at a time until the cream cheese reaches your desired consistency. Pour into a Ziploc bag or piping bag and drizzle over the cake. Note that you’ll likely end up with leftover glaze, which you can use or discard.
- Finish it with a drizzle of hot fudge and crushed Oreos over top of that.
How To Keep A Bundt Cake From Sticking To The Pan
When it comes to baking a bundt cake, there is one essential step you cannot skip, and that is to generously grease and flour the bundt pan from top to bottom. You do not want anything sticking to the sides of the pan.
I prefer using Crisco vegetable spread because I can make sure to get into all the little spots in the pan to prevent it from sticking.
If you are baking a chocolate cake, it can be tough because you need the flour in the pan, but you don’t want to cake to bake with any white residue on the sides from the flour. On the contrary, using only cocoa powder to dust the pan can result in a much darker appearance on the outside of the cake. I finally found my solution! I used a mixture of 50% flour and 50% cocoa powder. Cha-ching!
I seriously couldn’t wait to cut into this cake!!! I promise that this cake will be gone before you know it.
More Chocolate Cake Mix Recipes You Might Like:
- How to Bake with Cake Mix
- Ultimate Oreo Poke Cake
- Brownie Batter Poke Cake
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Poke Cake
- Oreo Dirt Poke Cake
This Oreo Chocolate Cheesecake Cake is a chocolately bundt cake recipe with an Oreo cheesecake filling.
For the cake:
- 1 box (15oz) chocolate cake
- 1/4 cup (28g) cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (118ml) vegetable oil
- 3/4 cups (177ml) water
- 1 cup (191g) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla
For the cheesecake:
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup (63g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups crushed Oreos
For the topping:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (260g) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla extract
- 4–5 teaspoons (59ml) heavy whipping cream
- 3–4 Oreos, crushed
- 1/4 cup hot fudge
For the cake & Filling:
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Generously grease a large bundt pan with Crisco and coat it with a mixture of 50% flour and 50% cocoa powder. Do not skip this step, it is important to help the cake release from the pan!
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, cocoa powder eggs, oil, water, sour cream and vanilla extract. Mix all of the ingredients until they are well combined. Set aside.
- Remove the wrapper and microwave the cream cheese for 20 seconds.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the softened cream cheese with the egg, granulated sugar and vanilla extract. Mix all of the ingredients until they are well combined and smooth. Stir in the crushed Oreos.
- Place at least 1/3 of the cake batter into the bottom of the greased and floured pan, be sure to cover at least the bottom nooks and crannies.
- Then spread the Oreo cheesecake over top of the cake batter and try to spread it evenly.
- Finally, cover the cheesecake layer with the remaining cake batter. Bake at 350° F for 45-52 minutes. Note that baking times will vary by oven and pan type. To test the cake for doneness, insert a knife into the cake, if the knife comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Allow the cake to cool for at least 15-20 minutes and gently run a knife around the sides of the pan to help release the cake from the sides of the pan. Turn the cake onto a pan by placing the pan on the top of the cake and use two hands to invert it. Allow the cake to cool completely.
For the topping: (Prepare prior to serving)
- Remove the wrapper and microwave the cream cheese for 20 seconds and then beat the cream cheese until it’s smooth.
- Next add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and beat until the ingredients are well combined. Then slowly add the heavy cream, one teaspoon at a time until the cream cheese reaches your desired consistency. It should still be thick, not watery, but it should run off your spoon without too much effort.
- Place the cream cheese in a piping bag and cut off the edge of the piping bag about ¼-inch from the bottom. Pipe the cream cheese frosting along the top and sides of the cake.
- Next, heat the hot fudge according to the instruction on the jar and repeat the same steps to pipe the fudge sauce next to or over the cream cheese.
- Finally, sprinkle more crushed Oreos over top. Keep this cake refrigerated in an air tight container.
- Chocolate Cake recipe slightly adapted from The Cake Mix Doctor
- Note that baking times will vary by oven and pan type. To test the cake for doneness, insert a knife into the cake, if the knife comes out clean, the cake is done.
- You’ll likely have leftover glaze, which you can either use to add more topping or discard. If you find the glaze is too thin, add additional powdered sugar
- Store this cake in an airtight container at room temperature unless you live in a hot or humid environment. I love my cake carrier.
- Prepare the cake in advance, up to 2 days but wait to add the toppings until you’re ready to serve.
- Category: Cake
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate bundt cake, chocolate bunt cake recipe, oreo chocolate cake, oreo cake recipe, chocolate cake recipe, oreo cookie cake recipe, chocolate oreo cake, cheesecake cake filling