This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
Does anyone recall my love for Jif Whips? I made this Whipped Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting and immediately posted it the following day. Jif Whips are what I call a “yellow light food”- which means I need to approach it cautiously, because overindulgence is absolutely going to happen. So I first used it in a frosting and now I am using it for a Peanut Butter Cake Bar.
I adapted this recipe from one of my favorite bloggers, Dorothy at Crazy For Crust. She did a brownie version of this bar. I changed it up using a cake mix base, added some Jif Whips and used crumbled brownies on top. The crumbled brownies were really just a way for me to allow myself to finish the brownies left over from the previous project.Print
- 1 Box Chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Jif Chocolate Whips
- 1 Large eggs
- 3/4 cup Milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup Reese peanut butter chips
- 1 Package Reese’s mini peanut butter cups
- 2 cups Brownie crumbs
- 1 Can Sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, butter, Jif Whips and eggs. Beat on medium speed until smooth. Mixture should be somewhat dough-like.
- Gently pat into the bottom of a 9 x 13″ pan.
- Top with chocolate and peanut butter chips, followed by Reese’s peanut butter cups and then crumbled brownies.
- Pour can of condensed milk over top of bars.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-24 minutes until the top starts to turn golden brown. Baking times will vary by oven. Allow bars to cool completely before cutting. Store in an airtight container.
Recipe adapted from Crazy for Crust
- Category: Dessert
For more peanut butter goodness you might like: