This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
These Peanut Butter Cake Bars start with a boxed chocolate cake mix, so they’re easy to whip up! They’re rich, chocolatey, and irresistible!
Does anyone recall my love for Jif Whips? I made this Whipped Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting and immediately posted it the following day. Jif Whips are what I call a “yellow light food”- which means I need to approach it cautiously, because overindulgence is absolutely going to happen. So I first used it in a frosting and now I am using it for a Peanut Butter Cake Bar.
I adapted this recipe from one of my favorite bloggers, Dorothy at Crazy For Crust. She did a brownie version of this bar.
I changed it up using a cake mix base, added some Jif Whips and used crumbled brownies on top. The crumbled brownies were really just a way for me to allow myself to finish the brownies left over from the previous project.Print
Peanut Butter Cake Bars
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Total Time: 42 minutes
- Yield: 12-15 bars
These Peanut Butter Cake Bars start with a boxed chocolate cake mix, so they’re easy to whip up!
- 1 Box Chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Jif Chocolate Whips
- 1 Large eggs
- 3/4 cup Milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup Reese peanut butter chips
- 1 Package Reese’s mini peanut butter cups
- 2 cups Brownie crumbs
- 1 Can Sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, butter, Jif Whips and eggs. Beat on medium speed until smooth. Mixture should be somewhat dough-like.
- Gently pat into the bottom of a 9 x 13″ pan.
- Top with chocolate and peanut butter chips, followed by Reese’s peanut butter cups and then crumbled brownies.
- Pour can of condensed milk over top of bars.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-24 minutes until the top starts to turn golden brown. Baking times will vary by oven. Allow bars to cool completely before cutting. Store in an airtight container.
Recipe adapted from Crazy for Crust
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dessert bars, easy dessert recipes, chocolate peanut butter dessert
Chocolate… peanut butter.. cake. I’m sold! This looks amazing and pretty sure it has some delicious components to it. Thanks for sharing at Show Stopper Saturdays
Thanks for stopping by!
Overindulgence?? I totally understand that term!! 😉 These cake bars look sinfully good!!
Jif Whips can become addictive in no time, and I’m saying this rom my own experience! And these bars, I have the feeling I could eat the whole pan all by myself!
That Jif whips stuff is GOOD %@^#$^ STUFF. I want to live in there and also live inside of these pictures with these bars. HOLY MOLY.
You’re the best Hayley, thank you!
They look really tasty. Visiting from Marvellous Monday’s.
Thanks for stopping by Laura!
saw you on the blog hop, this looks YUMMY
Thanks for stopping by!
Wow! Never heard of Jif Whips but I think I might need to investigate! Treading cautiously, of course. 🙂 These look amazing!
Hi Erin! Thanks for stopping by! Pick some up for yourself and let me know what you think!