This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
Welcome to the second addition of Cookie Dough Week! I am so impressed by the creativity of my blogging friends, and I only wish I could taste it all!
I think today’s recipe round-up is packed with heavy hitters. We’ve got deep-fried desserts, decadent ice creams, mile-high cakes and bite-sized truffles. There is plenty of peanut butter, a hint of mint and of course, lots of chocolate!
I started the week with a S’mores Cookie Dough Dip, which you guys have to try. Today I am sharing Espresso Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream.
Now you know I wouldn’t lie to you, so believe me when I say, this is hand’s down the best ice cream I have made so far. The ice cream base is flavored with espresso- not too strong but just the right amount of coffee flavor. If you prefer a stronger flavor, I would recommend altering the recipe to include 1 teaspoon of espresso powder instead of ½ teaspoon.
This ice cream is packed with layers of cookie dough, but not just any cookie dough. Instead of chocolate chips, the dough is flavors with chocolate covered espresso beans. I seriously can’t get enough of them. I have to avoid buying any because I know the bag won’t last long.
The idea of this ice cream originally came from my Espresso Chip Cookie dough bars, which then turned into Chocolate Espresso Bean Cookies. So when it came time for a cookie dough ice cream, I knew the chocolate-covered espresso beans wouldn’t let me down.
I don’t know about you, but I have for sure eaten my fair share of cookie dough ice cream. And by that, I mean I dig through the container of ice cream to find all the chunk of cookie dough. Why waste the calories on plain ice cream? Right? Right? Right.Print
A smooth, coffee-flavored ice cream packed with chocolate and espresso bean cookie dough.
For the Ice Cream:
- 1/2 tsp Espresso powder
- 3 tsp Hot water
- 3 C Heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 C Sugar
- 1 tbsp Pure vanilla extract
For the Cookie Dough:
- 1/2 C Espresso beans, chopped
- 1/4 C Unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 C Packed brown sugar
- 1/2 C Sugar
- 1 1/8 C Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Milk
For the Ice Cream:
- Pre-freeze your ice cream maker attachment as directed, usually at least 15 hours.
- Combine ½ teaspoon of espresso powder with 3 teaspoons of hot water. Stir until powder is dissolved.
- Heat 1 C whipping cream with ¾ C sugar and brewed espresso. Heat in a pot over medium heat, stirring just until it starts to bubble and sugar is dissolved.
- Let mixture cool for a few minutes and add remaining 2 cups of heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract. Refrigerate until completely cooled.
For the Cookie Dough:
- Use a food processor to chop up espresso beans into small crumbs.
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl for 15-30 seconds.
- In a separate, medium-sized bowl, combine butter and both sugars. Mix with a handheld mixer until smooth. All chunks of sugar and butter should be broken up.
- Add flour and salt and mix just until combined. Mixture will be crumbly.
- Add vanilla extract and milk. Mix until dough is soft. Mix in chopped espresso beans. Set dough aside until you are ready to make the ice cream. No need to refrigerate.
- Set up ice cream maker, and spin on low speed, pour heavy cream mixture into ice cream maker while it’s spilling. Stir on low speed for 10 minutes and then increase to medium speed.
- During the last two minutes of mixing, add small balls of the cookie dough into the mixture. Save about ½ cup of dough.
- As your spoon the ice cream into your container, break up left over cookie dough and add throughout the ice cream.
- Return to freezer for 2-3 hours until desired consistency.
Total time includes pre-freezing your ice cream maker
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freezing
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: coffee ice cream, how to make ice cream, homemade ice cream
Don’t forget to check out Monday’ recipes over here and be sure to visit all of my friends today too!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Parfait from White Lights on Wednesday
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Brownie Layer Cake from Life, Love and Sugar
Cheesecake Cookie Dough Parfaits from Lemon Tree Dwelling
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cheesecake Pie from Crazy for Crust
Cookie Dough Oreos from Something Swanky
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Scotcharoos from The Gunny Sack
Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough Truffles from Back For Seconds
Double Chocolate Mint Cookie Dough Dip from Kitchen Meets Girl
Monster Cookie Dough Ice Cream from Mom On Timeout
Cookie Dough Tiramisu Grandbaby Cakes
No bake peanut butter and chocolate bars A Treat’s Affair