This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
This Strawberry cake is soaked with sweetened condensed milk and topped with Funfetti whipped cream. The marriage of strawberry and Funfetti has never been so mouthwatering!
I must be having a serious stroke of luck lately. Some major things are happening over here, but I can quite share them with you just yet. One things I can share is that yesterday my little ol Facebook page hit 50K fans. Can you believe it?! It’s all thanks to your support, sharing, commenting and helping me grow!! Be sure to keep an eye out this week, I’ve giving away a little something to say thanks!
I even made you cake to celebrate. You might have noticed I shared this Strawberry Funfetti Poke Cake over at Food Fanatic. I know how much YOU love poke cake because these are some of my most popular recipes.
This poke strawberry poke cake is made with a strawberry cake mix, to which I added some vanilla pudding mix and sprinkles. Once baked, I soaked the cake in sweetened condensed milk. It makes this cake uber moist, almost like a tres leches cake. To finish it off, this is topped with a CAKE BATTER whipped cream.
I love finding new desserts to marry together with the cake batter whipped cream. The whipped cream is thick like a mousse and tastes like vanilla cake. I don’t even need a cake to top it with, I could just eat it straight out of the mixing bowl.
I don’t often use a strawberry cake mix, but when I saw it staring back at me on the shelf, I knew I had to try something. When I bought it to my usual taste testers at work, they flipped out. I don’t know if it was because this desserts was pink, or they just truly loved it. There is something about pink desserts, ya know?
I chose not to add fresh strawberries to this cake, and instead added them on top when I served the cake. You could absolutely cut the strawberries up and add them to the cake, but I prefer the cold strawberries with the cold cake.
With summer quickly approaching, I know you guys have graduation parties, pot lucks and picnics. Wow your friends with this Strawberry Cake Batter Poke Cake! You can also find this recipe at Food Fanatic.
Keep up with all the happenings. Follow Beyond Frosting:Print
This Strawberry cake is soaked with sweetened condensed milk and topped with Funfetti whipped cream.
For the Cake:
- 1 box Strawberry Cake Mix, (Pillsbury preferred)
- 1 3.4 ounce box Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 large Eggs
- 3/4 cup Milk, or Water
- 3/4 cup Light Sour Cream, or Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Strawberry Extract, (optional, substitute vanilla)
- 1/4 cup Sprinkles
- 1 14 ounce can Sweetened Condensed Milk
For the Topping:
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup Vanilla Cake Mix, dry
- Sprinkles, for garnish
- Strawberries, for garnish
For the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine cake mix, dry pudding mix, vegetable oil, eggs, water, sour cream, and strawberry (or vanilla) extract. Beat on medium-high speed until all ingredients are well blended. Lastly, add sprinkles and mix until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into a 9-inch by 13-inch pan and bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes until the cake is set. Test cake by inserting a toothpick into the center. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is done. Allow the cake to cool for 20 minutes.
- While the cake is still warm, take the end of a wooden spoon or another round object and poke holes all over the top of your cake. Pour the jar of sweetened condensed milk over top of the holes as equally as you can. Allow the cake to cool completely, refrigerating if necessary.
For the Topping:
- Place the metal bowl with the whisk in the freezer for about 15 minutes until they are good and cold.
- Pour the heavy whipping cream into the chilled mixing bowl and beat on high until bubbly.
- Add the powdered sugar and dry cake mix and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spread over cooled cake.
- Garnish with sprinkles and fresh strawberries. This cake must then be refrigerated after adding the whipped cream.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: strawberry cake, funfetti
This recipe originally appeared on Food Fanatic.
You might also like:
Recipes from my friends:
Strawberries and Cream Cake from scratch