I am all about no-bake desserts this time of year. Why spend hours you don’t have in the kitchen? This No-Bake Peppermint Cheesecake with chocolate glaze is the perfect dish to serve after a holiday dinner.
No-bake cheesecakes are so amazing. With just a few ingredients, you can make a mouthwatering dessert to serve to your guests. This No-Bake Peppermint Cheesecake starts with a thick Oreo crust. The filling is made from cream cheese, Cool Whip and Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses. It is topped off with a soft chocolate glaze and a dollop of whipped cream.
For the filling, I used two package of cream cheese mixed with Cool Whip and some heavy whipping cream. I have made no-bake cheesecakes with both homemade whipped cream and also Cool Whip. If you prefer to make this recipe with homemade whipped cream, you need about 2 cups prepared.
My favorite holiday candies by far are Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses. For this recipe, I chopped the kisses into pieces and mixed them in the filling. I saved a few to top this cheesecake with as well.
The glaze is adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction. I only altered the amount of chocolate chips that I used. This glaze is awesome because it stays soft, even in the refrigerator! It’s the same glaze I used for my Brownie Brittle Grasshopper Pie.
This recipe is over the top packed with peppermint flavor. It is perfectly offset with the Oreo crust and chocolate glaze. Peppermint and chocolate are the ultimate combination of flavors!
Keep up with all the happenings. Subscribe at the end of this post!
Follow Beyond Frosting:
Helpful tools for this recipe:
- 1 box Oreos
- ½ C Unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 2 pkg Cream cheese (8oz), softened
- 2 tbsp Heavy cream
- ½ C Chopped Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses
- ¼ tsp Peppermint extract
- 1 container Cool Whip (8oz)
- Red food coloring (optional)
- ⅔ C Dark chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp Corn syrup
- 2 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 2 tsp Water
- ½ C Heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp Powdered sugar
- 12-16 Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses
- Remove the filling from the Oreos. Use a food processor to grind Oreo cookies into a fine crumb. Place in a microwave safe container.
- Place butter over Oreo crumbs and microwave on high for 30-45 seconds. Stir to coat crumbs in butter until there are no dry crumbs.
- Line the bottom of A 9" spring form pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Place crumbs in pan and press down with a spatula or measuring cup.
- Remove cream cheese from fridge. If you have time, allow it to come to room temperature. Otherwise, soften in the microwave for 15-20 seconds until soft but not melted. Beat on medium-high speed for 2 minutes until light and fluffy and free of any clumps. Add heavy whipping cream and beat for another 60 seconds. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Chop up peppermint chocolate into small pieces. Pour into cheesecake batter. Add peppermint extract and beat until incorporated. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Add Cool Whip and mix until the cream cheese and Cool Whip are well combined. Add a drop of red food coloring and beat until incorporated.
- Pour cheesecake batter onto prepared Oreo crust.
- Prepare the glaze by combining dark chocolate chips, corn syrup, butter and water in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 45-60 seconds. Stir vigorously until smooth. Pour glaze over cheesecake.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Prepare whipped cream before serving. Beat heavy whipping cream on medium-high. Once bubbles start forming, add powdered sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form. Pipe whipped cream along edges of the cheesecake. Top with Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses.
Recipes from my friends:
Peppermint Brownie Ice Cream Cake from Life Love and Sugar
Candy Cane Roll from Wine and Glue
Peppermint Brownie Pizza from I Wash you Dry
Peppermint Sugar Cookie Dough Bark from Crazy for Crust
Other recipes you might like: