This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
Enjoy fall with an Apple Pie Dessert Pizza! This easy dessert recipe is a giant snickerdoodle cookie topped with vanilla marshmallow buttercream and homemade apple pie filling. It’s so delicious and the perfect dessert to share this fall!
Apple Pie Dessert Pizza
I Love Making Fall Desserts With Fresh Picked Apples
How To Make Apple Pie Dessert Pizza
If you love no-bake recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, No-Bake Treats!Print
Enjoy fall with an Apple Pie Dessert Pizza! This easy dessert recipe is a giant snickerdoodle cookie topped with vanilla marshmallow buttercream and homemade apple pie filling.
For the cookie base:
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated Sugar
- 1 large eggs
- ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tarter
- 1 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
For the apple pie filing:
- 3 Medium apples, sliced
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
For the frosting:
- ½ c (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 4 oz marshmallow cream
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Caramel sauce for garnish (optional)
- Pecans for garnish (optional)
For the cookie base:
- Combine butter with sugar and beat on medium speed until well creamed together.
- Add the egg, and vanilla extract. Mix into butter and sugar until egg is well beaten.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the batter and beat on medium low speed until well combined and dough forms.
- Remove the dough from the mixing bowl and form into a large ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate the dough for a minimum of 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large plate, combine the cinnamon and sugar. Remove the dough from the plastic and roll it in the cinnamon and sugar until it is well coated.
- Roll out the cookie dough onto a lightly floured surface. It’s helpful to use parchment paper on the top and bottom so the dough does not stick. Roll the dough into a circle until it’s about a ¼” thick. Spread additional cinnamon sugar over top of the dough.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 to 18 minutes until the edges just start to turn golden brown. The center will still be a little bit soft but that’s okay.
- Allow the cookie to cool completely.
For the apple pie filling:
- Slice apples into small pieces and squeeze a lemon over top and stir to combine.
- Add brown sugar, flour, maple syrup and cinnamon over top of apples. Stir to mix ingredients.
- Heat apples on the stove over medium-low heat for 15-20 minutes until soft. Stir occasionally. You want the apples to be soft. Set aside and allow to cool, refrigerating if necessary.
For the frosting:
- Allow the butter to come to room temperature so it is soft but not melted. Beat butter in mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Add the marshmallow creme and containing mixing for another 2 minutes.
- Slowly add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time while continuing to beat on medium speed and then add the heavy whipping cream and clear vanilla extract. Beat until all ingredients are well combined.
- Spread the frosting over the cookie, leave about 1-inch around the outside edge. You may have a little leftover frosting.
- Sprinkle the top with the prepared apple pie filling, drizzle with caramel and sprinkle with pecans. Serve immediately.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: apple dessert pizza, apple dessert recipe, dessert pizza recipe, dessert pizza with fruit, recipe for dessert pizza, recipe for apple dessert
More Dessert Recipes You Might Like: