This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
Enjoy fall with an Apple Pie Dessert Pizza! This easy dessert recipe is a giant snickerdoodle cookie topped with vanilla marshmallow buttercream and homemade apple pie filling. It’s so delicious and the perfect dessert to share this fall!
Apple Pie Dessert Pizza
I Love Making Fall Desserts With Fresh Picked Apples
How To Make Apple Pie Dessert Pizza
Why Does The Cookie Dough For This Pizza Need To Be Refrigerated?
If you love no-bake recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, No-Bake Treats!Print
Enjoy fall with an Apple Pie Dessert Pizza! This easy dessert recipe is a giant snickerdoodle cookie topped with vanilla marshmallow buttercream and homemade apple pie filling.
For the cookie base:
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated Sugar
- 1 large eggs
- ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tarter
- 1 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
For the apple pie filing:
- 3 Medium apples, sliced
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
For the frosting:
- ½ c (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 4 oz marshmallow cream
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Caramel sauce for garnish (optional)
- Pecans for garnish (optional)
For the cookie base:
- Combine butter with sugar and beat on medium speed until well creamed together.
- Add the egg, and vanilla extract. Mix into butter and sugar until egg is well beaten.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the batter and beat on medium low speed until well combined and dough forms.
- Remove the dough from the mixing bowl and form into a large ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate the dough for a minimum of 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large plate, combine the cinnamon and sugar. Remove the dough from the plastic and roll it in the cinnamon and sugar until it is well coated.
- Roll out the cookie dough onto a lightly floured surface. It’s helpful to use parchment paper on the top and bottom so the dough does not stick. Roll the dough into a circle until it’s about a ¼” thick. Spread additional cinnamon sugar over top of the dough.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 to 18 minutes until the edges just start to turn golden brown. The center will still be a little bit soft but that’s okay.
- Allow the cookie to cool completely.
For the apple pie filling:
- Slice apples into small pieces and squeeze a lemon over top and stir to combine.
- Add brown sugar, flour, maple syrup and cinnamon over top of apples. Stir to mix ingredients.
- Heat apples on the stove over medium-low heat for 15-20 minutes until soft. Stir occasionally. You want the apples to be soft. Set aside and allow to cool, refrigerating if necessary.
For the frosting:
- Allow the butter to come to room temperature so it is soft but not melted. Beat butter in mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Add the marshmallow creme and containing mixing for another 2 minutes.
- Slowly add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time while continuing to beat on medium speed and then add the heavy whipping cream and clear vanilla extract. Beat until all ingredients are well combined.
- Spread the frosting over the cookie, leave about 1-inch around the outside edge. You may have a little leftover frosting.
- Sprinkle the top with the prepared apple pie filling, drizzle with caramel and sprinkle with pecans. Serve immediately.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: apple dessert pizza, apple dessert recipe, dessert pizza recipe, dessert pizza with fruit, recipe for dessert pizza, recipe for apple dessert
More Dessert Recipes You Might Like: