This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
Tonight I asked my boyfriend when the last time I made dinner was. We both thought about it for a minute, and I remembered it was February 16th–
twenty days ago. Please note extreme exhaustion may cause lack of ability to count -> 10 day ago. Okay, that’s not zoo bad I guess. Days are just flying by recently, I mean it’s going to be MARCH this weekend. Despite the craziness in my life, I am still taking the time to make sure I am delivering you guys some tasty treats.
Have you tried either of the new Oreo flavors? There is a Marshmallow Cream and a Cookie Dough Oreo. I picked up a couple of packages when they first came out and finally got a chance to try them! The Marshmallow Cream flavor resembles a Rice Krispie Treat. Since I love Golden Oreos, I thought I would be a pretty big fan of these as well. I started with a Marshamallow Oreo Brookie. I am totally crushing on brookies right now. A brownie base with a soft baked cookie on top, seriously, it’s the best of both worlds.
I sandwiched an entire package of Marshmallow Oreos between the layers of brownies and the chocolate chip cookies. Plus, just because I love you guys, I also added some bonus mini marshmallows in the cookie dough. I haven’t really baked a lot with mini marshmallows, but I must say, I was quite impressed with the results. The marshmallows melted into the cookies, and the texture adds to the softness of the cookies. These brookies are super easy to make, and have been a real crowd pleaser in my neck of the woods.
A brownie and cookie mixed with Marshmallow Cream Oreos
- 1 Pk Marshmallow Cream Oreos
- 1 Box brownie mix
- 1 Large egg
- 1/3 C Vegetable oil
- 1/4 C Milk
For the cookie
- 1/2 C (1 stick) Unsalted butter
- 1/2 C Light brown sugar
- 1/2 C Sugar
- 1 Large egg
- 2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 C All-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 3/4 C Chocolate Chips
- 1 C Mini Marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Empty entire package of Oreos into a Ziploc bag. Crush cookies into smaller pieces using a rolling pin or wooden spoon. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine brownie mix, egg, vegetable oil and milk. Beat until thoroughly mixed.
- Line a 9×13” pan with parchment paper or a baking mat. Pour brownie mixture over the baking mat and spread evenly. Empty crushed cookies onto the top of the brownie mixture and spread evenly.
For the cookie
- Soften butter in the microwave 10-15 seconds. Combine butter with both light brown sugar and granulated sugar. Mix until smooth and mixture becomes fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and beat until egg is thoroughly incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda. Slowly add flour mixture to dough batter while mixing at a low speed. Once all the flour has been added, increase speed to medium until dough forms. Add chocolate chips and marshmallows last and fold into cookie dough.
- Take the cookie dough and drop chunks onto the top of the brownie mixture, gently pressing them down into brownie batter.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes at 350°F. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before cutting. Since I used a baking mat, I was able to completely remove the sheet of brookies from the pan before cutting.
Other recipes you might like