This No-Bake Peppermint Cheesecake starts with a thick Oreo crust. The peppermint cheesecake filling is topped off with a chocolate ganache and a dollop of whipped cream.
This post was originally published in 2014 and has been updated in 2017.
I am all about no-bake desserts this time of year. Why spend hours you don’t have in the kitchen? This No-Bake Peppermint Cheesecake with chocolate glaze is the perfect dish to serve after a holiday dinner.
No-bake cheesecakes are so amazing. With just a few ingredients, you can make a mouthwatering dessert to serve to your guests. This No-Bake Peppermint Cheesecake starts with a thick Oreo crust. The peppermint cheesecake filling is topped off with a chocolate ganache and a dollop of whipped cream.
For the filling, I used two package of cream cheese mixed with Cool Whip and some heavy whipping cream. I have made no-bake cheesecakes with both homemade whipped cream and also Cool Whip. If you prefer to make this recipe with homemade whipped cream, you need about 2 cups prepared.
My favorite holiday candies by far are Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses. I love the white chocolate mixed with subtle peppermint flavor. For this recipe, I chopped the kisses into pieces and mixed them in the filling. I saved a few to top this cheesecake with as well. You just need a sharp knife.
The glaze is adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction. I only altered the amount of chocolate chips that I used. This glaze is awesome because it stays soft, even in the refrigerator! It’s the same glaze I used for my Brownie Brittle Grasshopper Pie.
This recipe is over the top packed with peppermint flavor. It is perfectly offset with the Oreo crust and chocolate glaze. Peppermint and chocolate are the ultimate combination of flavors!
Follow Beyond Frosting:
If you love no-bake recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, No-Bake Treats!
Don’t miss a thing, subscribe to get recipes delivered to your inbox!
Helpful tools for this recipe:Print
- 1 package (14oz) Oreos
- ½ cup (1 stick) Unsalted butter
- 2 packages (16oz) Cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoons Peppermint extract
- ½ cup, chopped Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses
- 1 container Cool Whip (8oz)
- Red food coloring (optional)
For the glaze
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons water
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 12–16 Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses
- Prepare a 9-inch springform pan by lightly greasing the edges of the pan with cooking spray, and then wiping gently with a paper towel.
- Grind the cookies into a fine crumb using a food processor or blender.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter in the microwave for 30 to 45 seconds. Pour the melted butter over the cookie crumbs and stir until the crumbs are well coated.
- Pour the crumbs into your springform pan and press firmly into the bottom and up on the sides to create a thick crust. Refrigerate or freeze the crust while you are preparing the filling.
- Remove cream cheese from fridge. If you have time, allow it to come to room temperature. Otherwise, soften in the microwave for 15-20 seconds until soft but not melted. Beat on medium-high speed for 2 minutes until light and fluffy and free of any clumps. Add the heavy whipping cream and peppermint extract and beat for another 60 seconds. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Chop the peppermint chocolate into small pieces and add into the cheesecake batter. Scrape down sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add Cool Whip and mix until the cream cheese and Cool Whip are well combined. Add a drop of red food coloring and beat until incorporated.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the prepared Oreo crust.
- Prepare the glaze by combining dark chocolate chips, corn syrup, butter and water in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 45-60 seconds. Stir vigorously until smooth. Pour the glaze over cheesecake.
- Refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours.
- Place the metal mixing bowl in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to chill. Pour the heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl and use an electric mixer to beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until the cream starts to thicken. Slowly add the powdered sugar and continue beating on high speed until stiff peaks form. Pipe the border of the cheesecake with whipped cream and top with Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses.
Do you love Peppermint? Me to! Then you might want some Peppermint Gooey Bars or perhaps this Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake Cake which is a real show stopper! Looking for something a little easier? I think this layered peppermint mocha cheesecake dip would make a great center piece for your dessert table!
Other recipes you might like: