This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
Homemade blondies come together in a snap with just one bowl and 15 minutes to make! They’re perfectly buttery and chewy with plenty of brown sugar and vanilla flavor.
If you love this recipe, be sure to try my fudgy brownies or these brookies.
I’ve been working on a blondie recipe for quite some time and was just never satisfied with the result. So, I set it aside for a while. Then a few months ago I was going through a pile of old recipe cards from my mom and found a “butterscotch brownie” recipe.
Eventually I got around to making it, and OH MY GOD you guys, it’s was so good, but a little too greasy (hello butter, I’m looking at you!) and a too thin. It was a great base recipe, but I started making some subtle tweaks and landed on a final recipe.
You are going to loooove these. There’s decadent, sweet and buttery with a thin flakey layer on top. Plus, the recipe is so easy to throw together, and those are always a win for me.
What is a blondie?
Blondies are usually described as a brownies, but made without cocoa powder. They have similar properties to a brownie. Thick and dense with a flakey top. These are chewy and they just melt in your mouth.
It’s all about the brown sugar here. That is what gives blondies their distinct flavor along with a heavy pour of vanilla extract. Don’t be shy.
- Unsalted butter
- Light brown sugar
- Pure vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Corn starch- this adds chewiness and also helps soak up some of that butter to make these less oily. Don’t skip it!
- Baking powder
- White chocolate chips
Add your favorite mixins: These would also be great with chopped nuts, peanut butter chips, mini M&Ms or Reese’s pieces.
How to make Blondies
Easy recipes are my favorite and it doesn’t get much easier than this. It’s all done in one bowl.
- Combine the brown sugar with the melted butter
- Add the wet ingredients (eggs and vanilla)
- Add the dry ingredients, beat together, than add the chocolate chips
- Bake and cool
I recommend spray the pan with a thin layer of cooking spray and then lining it with parchment paper. This helps to easily remove the bars from the pan. Since they’re so buttery, it also helps prevent them from sticking to the pan.
How to store these bars
I promise these won’t last very long, because they’re THAT good, but they can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature. You can also freeze them in an airtight container as well, and thaw to room temperature before eating. This is a perfect recipe to prepare ahead of time.
Easy Homemade Blondies
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 32 minutes
- Total Time: 47 minutes
- Yield: 9 bars
Homemade blondies are perfectly buttery and chewy with plenty of brown sugar and vanilla flavor.
- ¾ cup (170g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ¾ cups (384g) light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cup (245g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon (9.5g) corn starch
- 1 teaspoon (3.7g) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (5g) salt
- 2 teaspoon (10ml) pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (180g) white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray and a 8-inch pan with cooking spray and then line with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl and combine with the sugar; beat together until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients: Next add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and beat just until the flour is incorporated. Then add the white chocolate chips and beat until combined.
- Fill the pan and bake: Pour the dough in a prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake at 350°F for 30-34 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool completely prior to cutting.
- Add your favorite mixins: These would also be great with chopped nuts, peanut butter chips, mini M&Ms or Reese’s pieces.
- These can also be baked in a 9-inch square pan, just reduce the baking time by 5-10 minutes (estimated)
- Category: Brownies
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Blondie Recipe, easy blondie recipe, butterscotch blondie