This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
Slice, slice, baby! I’ve rounded up 13 Best Homemade Pie Recipes that I’m sure you’ll love. These are some of my favorite pies, from the classics to easy no-bake pie recipes, chocolate pies, fruit-filled pies, and more. You’ll want a slice of every pie on this list!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Irresistible Homemade Pies
- Why You’ll Love These Pies
- What Are the Different Types of Pie Crust?
- More Tips for Making Perfect Pies
- 13 Must-Make Homemade Pie Recipes
- Easy Homemade Apple Pie
- Easy Pumpkin Pie
- To Die For Coconut Cream Pie
- Blueberry Crumble Pie
- Easy Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe
- Chocolate Pudding Pie
- No-Bake Chocolate Marshmallow Pie
- German Chocolate Pie
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Marshmallow Pie
- Apple Blueberry Pie
- (Almost) No-Bake Turtle Pie
- Mini Apple Pies
- Mini Blueberry Pies
Irresistible Homemade Pies
Aren’t pies just the best? I mean, there are so many different ways to make them: you have the classics, like pumpkin and apple pie. Then there are fudgy retro chocolate pies. Fruit-filled berry pies. Oh, and we can’t forget easy no-bake pies!
I’m no stranger to pie recipes on this site. So I’ve gone ahead and hand-picked some of my all-time favorite homemade pies that I just know you’ll want to bake STAT!
Why You’ll Love These Pies
You’ll want to bake these pies for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, and all year round! Here’s why these are some of my absolute best pie recipes:
- Easy recipes. You don’t need to be a master chef to master these simple and delicious homemade pie recipes. The directions walk you through how to make these pies from scratch, with all the tips and tricks you’ll need.
- Basic ingredients. These pies don’t call for fancy bells or whistles. You can make most of these recipes with ingredients that are either already in your pantry or easy to come by in stores.
- Pies for every taste. Whether you’re a full-fledged sweet tooth or are after something more classic, there’s a pie recipe here for just about everyone.
What Are the Different Types of Pie Crust?
Before we dive in, let’s talk pie crust real quick. Depending on the type of pie you’re baking, the right crust makes all the difference. Here are some common types of pie crust you’ll find in the recipes below:
- Flaky Pie Crust: This is a no-fail all-purpose flaky pie crust. It’s the perfect recipe for beginners, as it’s made with an egg that helps bind the crust together (no falling apart when you transfer it to the pan), and it makes the softest crust.
- Gluten-Free Pie Crust: Very similar to the above, but made with gluten-free ingredients. This homemade crust is just as soft and buttery, and 100% suitable for gluten-free desserts.
- Graham Cracker Crust: This is a type of pie crust made from crushed-up graham crackers and butter. It’s a popular choice for no-bake pies since there are rarely raw ingredients in a graham cracker crust. For more details, check out my tutorial on How to Make a No-Bake Crust.
- Oreo Pie Crust: A style of pie crust made from crushed Oreo sandwich cookies. Perfect for recipes that call for a bit of fudgy crunch.
More Tips for Making Perfect Pies
Here are some last-minute pie-making tips for the best homemade pies, every time:
- Keep flaky pie crust cold. Whether you’re making your pie crust from scratch or using a refrigerated pie crust from the store, cold is key to a perfect, flaky crust. Keep the pie dough chilled in the fridge until you’re ready to use it.
- Fill the pie enough. Raise your hand if you’ve ever poured pie filling into the crust before baking, only to have a skinny pie emerge on the other side. Chances are, you’re not filling – or even overfilling – your pies enough. Most no-bake and top-crust pies can go right up to the brim and then some. The exception to this rule is uncovered pies (i.e. pumpkin pies), which shouldn’t be overfilled as they may bubble over in the oven.
- Use pie weights when par-baking a crust. This is a simple hack for smooth, even crusts without any warping or bubbling. Lay a piece of parchment over the crust before baking, and fill it with either store-bought pie weights, or use dried beans. After the crust is baked, lift out the weighs with the parchment paper.
- Let your pies set completely. This goes for both baked and no-bake pies. As tempting as it is to carve into a freshly made pie, resist. Cutting into a hot or cold pie too early will lead to a big ol’ oozy mess.
13 Must-Make Homemade Pie Recipes
Ready to bake some homemade pies? Below is a round-up of my favorite recipes that I just know will bake you very happy.
Easy Homemade Apple Pie
You don’t need a special occasion for a classic apple pie filled with warm spices. This homemade recipe is loaded with cinnamon sweetness set in a flaky pie crust, topped with an easy lattice crust.
Easy Pumpkin Pie
A rich and creamy pumpkin pie never goes out of style. This easy homemade pumpkin pie is filled with the flavors of fall, ready to be topped with whipped cream!
To Die For Coconut Cream Pie
It’s all in the name! This mouthwatering coconut cream pie is seriously to die for, made with coconut custard in a flaky homemade pie crust topped with whipped cream and toasted coconut.
Blueberry Crumble Pie
Fresh homemade blueberry pie filling and a rich, all-butter pie crust make this blueberry crumble pie an irresistible dessert! Complete with an easy oat crumble that gives this pie some satisfying crunch.
Easy Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe
Make a silky chocolate cream pie easily from scratch with this simple, classic recipe. Everything in this pie is completely homemade, from the smooth chocolate filling to the fluffy whip on top!
Chocolate Pudding Pie
This airy and almost no-bake chocolate pudding pie is lighter and less dense than your typical chocolate cream pie! Made with homemade chocolate pudding inside a crunchy graham cracker crust.
No-Bake Chocolate Marshmallow Pie
It doesn’t get more decadent than silky chocolate marshmallow mousse piled inside a fudgy Oreo crust. Oh wait, it does – because we top this classic no-bake dessert with fluffy homemade whipped cream, a drizzle of fudge, and even more Oreos!
German Chocolate Pie
A fudgy homemade pie recipe made with layers of coconut pecan filling, homemade German chocolate pudding, and chocolate whipped cream.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Marshmallow Pie
This peanut butter marshmallow pie is one of the most amazing no-bake pies you’ll ever taste! Set inside a buttery Oreo crust, filled with the lightest and fluffiest peanut butter mousse and topped with peanut butter cookies and peanut butter glaze.
Apple Blueberry Pie
This from-scratch pie is loaded with crisp apples and juicy blueberries. There are hints of cinnamon, sugar, and a touch of maple syrup. You’ll find an easy tutorial to make a beautiful lattice crust.
(Almost) No-Bake Turtle Pie
If you love turtle candy, you’ll have to try this pie. A buttery Oreo crust, a caramel cream cheese filling with white chocolate, topped with chocolate ganache and whipped cream. It’s finished off with caramel and pecans.
Mini Apple Pies
How adorable are these petite apple pies topped with a crunchy crumble? Bake these up in a muffin tin and prepare to be blown away by how flavorful the apple filling is.