This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
You’ll love this No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake- it tastes just like the Oreo filling! The best part is, you don’t even have to turn on the oven.
Amazing Oreo Cheesecake
I might be bias, but this dessert is truly unreal. The filling is just to-die for. It’s light and airy, and it’s packed with Oreos which get soft and cake-like. It tastes just like an Oreo. When someones asks me what recipe to make from my website, I often recommend this one.
There is no perfect season for an Oreo cheesecake although no-bake desserts are the best recipes for summer time (who wants to turn on the oven anyway?).
However, this cheesecake also makes appearances for birthdays and holidays too. This is an ideal dessert to make ahead of time, so you aren’t stressing at the last minute, and this can also be frozen. Honestly, the hardest part is waiting to slice it.
The Secret Ingredients
White chocolate: What makes my recipe a bit different is the white chocolate in the cheesecake filling. This is actually my favorite way to make no-bake cheesecakes.. The white chocolate gives the filling a rich and velvety texture without over powering the filling. It also makes this filling thicker. Some say they don’t even know that it’s a no-bake recipe.
Real whipped cream: This recipe also uses homemade whipped cream instead of Cool Whip. This is a game changer for light and fluffy fillings. It’s an extra step, but worth the effort! If you’re not comfortable with making whipped cream, that’s totally fine, Cool Whip will still work too.
Full-fat cream cheese: Whenever you’re making cheesecakes of any kind, full-fat cream cheese is always best. Reduced or low-fat cream cheese seems to be thinner and contain more water, which will change the consistency of the filling to softer, so it doesn’t hold up as well.
A Perfect Oreo Crust
I have perfected a no-bake crust. With a simple combination of butter and crushed cookies, following these tips will prevent the crust from sticking to the pan.
- Use a springform pan: There’s quite a bit of filling in this cheesecake, so I recommend a 9-inch springform pan. If you don’t have one, then a deep dish pie plate will work, or a 9-inch square pan.
- Line the pan with parchment paper: Most springform pans have a textured base. For the best result, line the bottom with parchment paper, and hang it out over the edge of the pan.
- Lightly grease the edges with cooking spray: Gently wipe the sides with a paper towel. This will also help the crust to release from the edges of the pan.
- Press the crumbs tightly into the pan: If you have a measuring cup, it helps to press and flatten the crumbs.
How to Make No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Prepare the crust: Just two ingredients needed, crushed Oreos and melted butter. No need to remove the filling from the Oreos! It actually helps hold the crust together.
- Make a batch of whipped cream: homemade whipped cream is the best, but if you’re looking for a time saving tip, you can swap it out with Cool whip.
- Melt the white chocolate: I recommend using a white chocolate bar, not chocolate chip. The chocolate bars (such as Ghirardelli or Bakers Chocolate) will melt down much smoother. Melt the white chocolate to 50% power and stir frequently in order to prevent burning.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth: This is the best way to prevent lumps
- Add the sugar vanilla, beat and then add the melted chocolate
- Fold in the whipped cream and crushed Oreos.
- Fill the prepared crust and refrigerate until set (about 4-6 hours)
- Decorate prior to serving.
Can I make this without white chocolate?
The short answer is yes. You can leave it out. The taste and texture will not be the same of course, but the cheesecake will still set up properly.
Freezing and Storing Cheesecakes
This recipe can be prepared 2 days in advance and stored in the refrigerator. Wrap the springform pan tightly with plastic wrap. This cheesecake can also be frozen. Allow the cheesecake to set in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours prior to freezing. Tightly wrap the pan in plastic wrap and freeze up to one month. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator prior to serving.
No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 slices
You’ll love this No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake! The light and silky cheesecake filling tastes just like Oreo creme, stuffed with even more Oreos inside a classic Oreo cookie crust.
For the crust:
- 1 package (14.3 oz) Oreos
- ½ cup (113G) unsalted butter, melted
For the cheesecake filling:
- 4 ounces white chocolate
- 1 ¼ cups (354ml) heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup (65g) powdered sugar
- 16 ounces (452g) full-fat cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup (95g) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 20 Oreos, crushed
For the topping:
- 1 cup (236ml) heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup (65g) powdered sugar
- Additional Oreos for garnish
- Hot fudge sauce for garnish (optional)
For the crust:
- Prepare a 9-inch springform pan by lightly greasing the edges of the pan with cooking spray, and then wiping gently with a paper towel. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- Grind the cookies into a fine crumb using a food processor blender. Pour the melted butter over the cookie crumbs and stir until the crumbs are well coated.
- Pour the crumbs into your springform pan and press firmly into the bottom and up on the sides to create a thick crust. Refrigerate the crust while you are preparing the filling.
For the filling:
- Melt the chocolate: In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the white chocolate chips at 50% power in 30-second increments, stirring each time until the chocolate is melted. Stir until completely smooth. Set aside
- Make the whipped cream: Place the mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes to chill. Prepare the whipped cream. Pour 1 ¼ cups heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl and use an electric or stand mixer to beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Slowly add the powdered sugar and continue beating at high speed until stiff peaks form. Set the whipped cream aside.
- Beat the cream cheese until it’s completely smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Next, add the granulated sugar and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Add the melted chocolate, beating until it’s completely mixed into the cream cheese.
- Fold in the whipped cream until it’s completely smooth. Then stir in the crushed Oreos. Pour the filling into the prepared crust, spreading evenly.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours minimum.
For the topping:
- Prior to serving, make a second batch of whipped cream as instructed above. Pipe the borders using a large open round tip. Garnish with more crushed Oreos and hot fudge sauce.
- Category: Cheesecake
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oreo cheesecake, no bake desserts, easy no bake cheesecake
This is so good!! Perfect recipe!
Yeah!! That’s wonderful Tracy. I am so happy you enjoyed it