Cake Batter Whipped Cream

homemade whipped cream

There are a many things I love when it comes to dessert; homemade whipped cream is one of them. It’s so easy to make and often impresses my guests! At Christmas time, I made a Hot Chocolate Whipped Cream, which is my most pinned recipe on Pinterest. Now that winter is coming to an end, I figured it was time for a new whipped cream. I have been dreaming about Cake Batter Whipped Cream for weeks. I love cake batter, but most cake batter flavored desserts are too sweet or over flavored for me.

This Cake Batter Whipped Cream is perfect. It is a bit thicker than regular whipped cream, but it’s not overpowering or overly sweet. I dipped strawberries in it, put it on some cake and basically ate the entire batch myself. Seriously, my boyfriend didn’t even take a bite.

Homemade Whipped Cream

Cake Batter Whipped Cream
Makes about 2 cups

1 C heavy whipping cream

1/4 C Yellow cake mix powder

2 tbsp Sprinkles

Place metal bowl and whisk attachment in freezer for about 15 minutes so they are good and cold. Pour heavy whipping cream into mixing bowl and beat on high for 2 minutes. Add yellow cake mix and continue to beat until stiff peaks form. Add sprinkles last and only gently mix to combine. The longer you mix, the more the sprinkles will melt. Keep refrigerated.

I used this recipe for my Funfetti Poke Cake

Seriously guys, this stuff is so addicting and it’s my new favorite whipped cream! If you are intrigued, you might also try my Hot Chocolate Whipped Cream. You can also use cake batter whipped cream for your ice cream cakes!

Comments

• says

Hi Juli. I believe that this could be pipped onto cupcake. I would suggest to refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the whipped cream to set a little bit more. The cupcakes would need to be kept refrigerated after or better yet, eaten immediately!

• Beyond Frosting says

Hi Brittany, I haven’t tried it personally, but I don’t see why not! Actually I have been thinking about the Red Velvet one for awhile!

• Natasha says

Maybe if you add some sort of stabilizer like Gelatin? That sound so good on cupcakes!!! Great idea!

1. Clara says

Can you taste the flour in the batter? It looks yummy but I’m hesitant because of the raw flour and possible aftertaste.

• Beyond Frosting says

Hi Clara- I don’t think so at all. The whipped cream is a little thicker than most, but the cake mix gets pretty well incorporated into the whipped cream.

2. says

I just made this for my son’s cupcakes last night, and for one – I am the queen of not being able to make frosting, and this came together so easily. This may be my go-to base from here on out! Secondly, most of my family doesn’t like that super sugary bakery-style frosting, so this was perfect because it wasn’t too sweet and heavy. Very light. So thank you for this! You may have saved cupcakes from here on out for me :)

Trackbacks