A fluffy gingerbread cheesecake filling atop a gingersnap crust.
For the crust
- 2 C Gingersnap crumbs
- 2 tbsp Flour
- ½ C Unsalted butter
For the filling
- 12 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp Heavy cream
- 2 tbsp Molasses
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tub Cool Whip (8oz)
- ½ C Heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp Powdered sugar
- Use a food processor to grind gingersnap cookies into a fine crumb. Place in a microwave safe container. Add flour and mix to incorporate into cookie crumbs.
- Place butter over gingersnap crumbs and microwave on high for 30-45 seconds at a time until melted. Stir to coat crumbs in butter until there are no dry crumbs.
- Line the bottom of your 9” spring form pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Place crumbs in the spring form pan. Press down crumbs into pan with a spatula or measuring cup.
- Remove cream cheese from fridge. If you have time, allow it to come to room temperature. Otherwise, place in the microwave for 15-20 seconds until soft but not melted. Beat on medium-high speed for 2 minutes until light and fluffy and free of any clumps. Add heavy whipping cream and beat for another 60 seconds. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Turn off mixer and add molasses. Incorporate molasses into the cream cheese by mixing on low speed. Add brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix until incorporated.
- Add Cool Whip and mix until the cream cheese mixture and Cool Whip are well combined. Pour filling into gingersnap crust.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Prepare whipped cream before serving. Beat heavy whipping cream on medium high. Once bubbles start forming, add powdered sugar. Beat until stiff peak form. Pipe whipped cream along edges of the cheesecake. Garnish with additional gingersnap cookies.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Assemble
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: no bake cheesecake, christmas dessert, holiday desserts, easy cheesecake